(CC)COLEGAS: California Community Colleges Organización de Latinx Empowerment, Guidance, Advocacy for Success is a chapter of NCCHC
MISSION: COLEGAS is comprised of Latinx professionals who, through intentional advocacy and coalition building, lead and influence transformative systemic change within the California Community College system. We seek to foster and empower Latinx professionals through mentorship, networking, and professional development to ascend and assume leadership roles at the highest influential levels to eradicate systems of oppression to provide opportunities and close the equity gap for Latinx students in higher education.
VISION: To lead statewide and local efforts to ensure an equitable experience for Latinx students and professionals to thrive and complete their academic and professional goals in the California Community College system.
COLEGAS Chapter Executive Committee:
- Dr. Cynthia Olivo, COLEGAS President, Vice President, Student Services, Pasadena City College
- Dr. Angelica Garcia, COLEGAS Vice President, Vice President, Student Services, Skyline College
- Dr. Mike Munoz, COLEGAS Treasurer, Vice President, Student Services, Long Beach City College
- Dr. Mark Sanchez, COLEGAS Secretary, Vice President, Student Services, Cuesta College
- Michelle Batista, COLEGAS Membership Officer, Director, Student Support, Skyline College
Add us on Basecamp: https://3.basecamp.com/3852356/projects/704 6391